SF Electrical - Is a independent business operating across the South East of England. Our main services are the installation and maintenance of electrical cabling, enclosures, accessories and appliances, testing and inspection of existing installations. SF Electrical recognises that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the
generation of waste materials. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
This policy describes how SF Electrical will achieve its aim. SF Electrical is committed to promoting the continual improvement of our environmental performance and to the prevention of pollution through the design and construction of our projects. We aim to operate the business in an environmentally sustainable manner.
SF Electrical will endeavour to achieve this through the development and implementation of an environmental management system. The business will aim to ensure that, where practicable, materials purchased will have a recycled content and have a minimal negative impact on the environment. SF Electrical will endeavour to
influence our major suppliers to minimise the negative impact of their operations on the environment. SF Electrical will seek to comply with pertinent environmental legislation and regulations concerning our activities whilst continuing to deliver quality projects efficiently, cost effectively and with minimum disruption to the environment.
Waste Minimisation Policy - SF Electrical is committed to good environmental practice and to sustainable waste management. Our waste minimisation goals are to:-
· Prevent and or reduce waste.
· Reuse materials. Recycle waste.
· Send minimum amounts of waste to landfill.
· To achieve our goals for waste minimisation.
· The Business will:- Utilise Site Waste Management Plans (SWMP’s) on all construction sites to ensure good waste management practices and minimise harm to the environment.
· Cultivate a work ethic with a high level of awareness of waste minimisation and recycling through providing advice and guidance.
· Encourage the purchase of recycled materials and those that are suitable for disposal by recycling, and conserve natural resources.
· Encourage designers employed by the business to design out waste where possible.
· Keep abreast of current technologies available for recycling waste, and investing in equipment where economic to do so.
· Promote economy in the use of paper and the selection of print formats and document styles.
· The Company will comply with its Duty of Care with regard to waste legislation ensuring waste is held secure and transferred to those authorised to take it, ensuring the use of Waste Transfer Notes and Hazardous (Special) Waste Consignment Notes to demonstrate safe disposal of all waste in a way that will protect the environment and public health.
· SF Electrical will endeavour to manage waste in a cost effective manner that maximises environmental benefits and minimises long term financial liability.
Green Transport Policy - Good environmental management is important to SF Electrical. The business actively seeks to limit the environmental impact of its business activities and to enhance environmental quality in areas where it has influence. SF Electrical utilises transport in most of its day to day activities. SF Electrical recognises that the use of transport may impact on the environment through natural resource use, emissions to air, noise and contributions to local congestion. SF Electrical is committed to minimising these impacts wherever possible and we aim to utilise transport in a sustainable manner through the following objectives:-
· The regular maintenance of vehicles and equipment to ensure their efficiency to help minimise air emissions.
· Taking account of environmental considerations when purchasing new vehicles or equipment.
· Keeping abreast of new developments in fuel and vehicle technology and their applicability to daily running of the business.
Contact - If you have any questions about this environmental policy or our questions about your personal data, these should be addressed to: -
Revised & Updated - 7th May 2019.